Hurry Telehealth providers! The FCC has just released a Program to assist COVID patient providers with funds for Telehealth services!
The Program will provide immediate support to eligible health care providers responding to the COVID-19 pandemic by fully funding:
- Telecommunications services
- Information services
- Devices necessary to provide critical connected care services
Funding is available until the program’s funds have been expended or the COVID-19 pandemic has ended.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
The COVID-19 Telehealth Program is available for:
- Health care provider sites that treat patients
- Nonprofit and public eligible health care providers that fall within the categories of health care providers in section 254(h)(7)(B) of the 1996 Act:
- post-secondary educational institutions offering health care instruction, teaching hospitals, and medical schools;
- community health centers or health centers providing health care to migrants;
- local health departments or agencies;
- community mental health centers;
- not-for-profit hospitals;
- rural health clinics;
- skilled nursing facilities; or
- consortia of health care providers consisting of one or more entities falling into the first seven categories.
WHAT DOES IT COVER?
Funding support for purchasing telecommunications, information services, and connected devices required to provide telehealth services to patients in response to the coronavirus pandemic. Devices for which funding is requested must be integral to patient care. Examples:
- pulse oximetry, blood pressure monitoring devices, etc that are themselves connected,
- and will not fund unconnected devices that patients can use at home and then manually report the results to their medical professional.
- Connected devices may include devices with Bluetooth or WiFi connectivity, including devices that connect to a consumer’s phone including
- Telecommunications Services and Broadband Connectivity Services: Voice services, for health care providers or their patients.
- Information Services: Internet connectivity services for health care providers or their patients; remote patient monitoring platforms and services; patient reported outcome platforms; store and forward services, such as asynchronous transfer of patient images and data for interpretation by a physician; platforms and services to provide synchronous video consultation.
- Connected Devices/Equiment: Tablets, smart phones, or connected devices to receive connected care services at home (e.g., broadband-enabled blood pressure monitors; pulse oximetry monitors) for patient or health care provider use; or telemedicine kiosks/carts for health care provider sites.
IS THIS A GRANT?
This is NOT a grant program. Eligible providers approved for funding must submit an invoices and supporting documentation in order to receive reimbursement for eligible expenses and services.
IS IT RETROACTIVE?
Eligible health care providers may apply to receive funding for eligible services and devices purchased on or after March 13, 2020.
Apply online and get more details at the site: https://www.fcc.gov/covid-19-telehealth-program
Please let us know how Bill Police can help you as we are still…..
…..Protecting your Wireless Rights (especially for Eric)