Verizon is at it again raising rates
For the third time in a year, Verizon wireless customers are seeing price increases. THIS time the details are:
- The price of select plans will be increasing effective January 23, 2024.
- The Business Unlimited Smartphone, Business Unlimited Essentials and Business Unlimited Plus plans will increase by $5/month per line
- The New Verizon Plan, Flexible Business Plan and New Verizon Plan for Business will increase by $3/month per line.
- This will show on the bill as “PlanRateAdjustment”.
- This only applies to newly activated, upgraded lines and existing lines that have completed a contract-based line term.
The last hikes we saw were:
- August 2023: Customers on Go Unlimited, Beyond Unlimited, Above Unlimited, and Start 1.0 plans saw a $3/month per line increase.
- April 2023: Beyond Unlimited, Beyond Unlimited 55+, Go Unlimited, and Verizon Unlimited plans were already hit with a $2/month per line bump.
- Single Basic Phone plan: This non-unlimited option got slammed with a hefty $5/month price hike in August.
This means that some business customers are seeing as much as a $8 hike per device in pricing in the last year. On a $45 plan, this is about a 20% hike in pricing even though base plans remain marketed at a stable $45 but you are now paying $53 per device
Here’s the Increase Justification
Verizon claims these adjustments are necessary to make improvements in 5G technology and infrastructure upgrades. Which, according to our customers, is very needed as coverage had degraded in the past year. You’re welcome.
Here’s what you can do about it:
- We always say, “why cant you just pay your bill?” Well you can. And if you are into spending unnecessary money or not achieving budget goals, you can do just that, pay it.
- Become a Bill Police partner: because many of our customers are on custom negotiated plans or have upgraded from these older plans, many of our customers are not realizing this price increase. Being a Bill Police partner will automatically check the below options.
- Shop Around: Consider exploring alternative carriers and their current plan offerings. You might find a better deal elsewhere.
- Manage your data: if you don’t use a lot of data, consider switching to a plan with a smaller data allowance.
- Determine your real needs vs promotions Verizon has automatically added to your profiles (we’re looking at you, Verizon Cloud!)
- Renegotiate: Call Verizon and see if they’ll offer you a better deal on a newer plan. You have bargaining power, use it!
Remember, you have do have choices. Don’t feel obligated to simply accept Verizon’s price hike. By actively assessing your needs and exploring the options available, you can optimize your plan to better fit your usage.
Please let us know how we can help.
Bill Police: Still protecting your Wireless Rights: Right Plan. Right Price. Right Result.