Graduation time is coming to a close but we wanted to share with you one of our favorite snippets of graduation speech given by Dean James Ryan of the Harvard Graduate School of Education. We appreciated his 5 Essential Questions (and a bonus question too!) and strive to use these within our own walls with our clients.
The quick synopsis of the 5 truly essential questions that you should regularly ask yourselves and others is:
- Wait, what? This is a the root of all understanding
- I wonder…(why,if)? This is at the heart of all curiosity
- Could we at least? This is the beginning of all progress
- How can i help? This is base of all good relationships
- What truly matters (to me)? This gets you to the heart of life
Bonus question: And did you get what you wanted out of life, even so…? (even so which signifies the recognition of pain and disappointment that make up a life but life offers possibilities of joy and contentment even so) If you are asking these 5 Essential questions reguarly, your answer to the Bonus question should be “I did”.
Check out the full video here: it is about 6.49 minutes long, but its worth it.
Still Protecting your Wireless Rights with a few Communication tools to make it richer…….